20 April 2011

Memory Quilt

My uncle Steve passed away on April 4th after having a heart attack at work. My dad went to Illinois to sort out the estate and brought back some pots and pans for me, wrapped in Steve's old flannel shirts. When I saw the shirts I decided I would make a Memory Quilt. I've wanted to make a Memory Quilt since I heard of the idea, and now seems like the perfect time to make one. I want to use photos of Steve, and his shirts, and make wall hangings for his brothers and his parents for Christmas gifts. I'm washing the shirts tonight, but need to take time to plan the quilts. I also need to purchase the transfer paper to put photos on fabric. It will be an adventure.

1 comment:

kz said...

sorry to hear about your uncle. the memory quilts sound like a wonderful idea. I am sure that they are going to turn out just lovely!