07 April 2011

Living on the Darkside of the Moon

Just a bit depressed lately due to family tragedies so I haven't been working on any projects. I want to but I don't want my scrambled mind to make mistakes that will be overall disasters. Today I felt like spending money - since tomorrow is payday - so I went to Hancock Fabrics to hit a sale they're having on cotton fabrics. When I walked in the door they had tables lined up with bolts of sale fabric, a "cleaning house" kind of spring sale. So I bought more kitty fabric. I have no interest in controlling my impulses when it comes to buying fabric. If it has kitties on it I an even less inclined to deny myself the pleasure of the purchase. [I am so immature]

 
I found the fabric for the Jeff Quilt I'm planning to make, but I'll write a new post for all of those pics. After walking my puppy by the canyon, I stopped at JoAnn's to see if they had anything I needed/wanted on sale. I know that Debbie Mum fabrics will be 50% off in a week or two, and most other cotton fabric was 30% off with isn't the best. But I wanted to spend money. I bought 2 yards of the maroon calico with gold stars that I love so much. I used it for the sashing on the Man Quilt.


I have also concluded that my procrastination to sandwich the Man Quilt is because I'm afraid of failure. I have the quilt top lying on the batting and I keep moving it from my bed to the dresser and into the sewing room on the table - Sir William follows it wherever it goes and uses it for a bed, the little princess - to the bed again. Yesterday I finally grabbed a pair of scissors and cut the batting to size. I need to sew the backing together and then baste/safety pin the materials together. I wish I would just get over it and do it! At this rate it won't be done for my brother's birthday.

No comments: