20 April 2011

Quilting 101 - Stash Building

Jamie brought more fabric from the Senior Center fabric sale on Friday. There was a box for Marcia and I to dig through, as well as a big plastic bag that has the smaller pieces of fabric. I adopted a lot of new fabric.

Way too many colors to take individual pics of them all!

Smaller bits and pieces of fabric.

Sir William providing the usual QC on new quilting items.

He really just wants to burrow in it and chew the plastic bag :)

I haven't done much this week due to laziness and overwhelm. I want to do so many different projects that I just have a difficult time focusing on one till completion! I was chatting with Jamie about the handquilting for the Man Quilt and she suggested I use wax for the thread to avoid having it tangle and knot. That little issue (knottiness) is a big discouragment for me and I feel the need to pull thread out of the Man Quilt where it knotted and made a mess. I stopped at JoAnn's after work and bought wax, so maybe I will gather the courage to attempt the handquilting again!

I was flipping through old quilting mazagines at work today and found a smaller project to try. It's an 14" pillow with a delightful Fall leaf. I want to try applique, and this is a small project compared to even a lap quilt, so I'm going to see what I can do this weekend.


And finally, a little funny I found in a quilt magazine:

No comments: