07 April 2011

Project #6 - The Jeff Quilt

For my birthday I had the idea to have a virtual birthday party on my Facebook event page where everyone would post a pic of themselves, kids, pets, loved ones, wearing a tiara to celebrate my day of birth. Those who did post a pic would be entered in a quilt giveaway and the winner would be announced the evening of my birthday. Jeff was the first to post, and ironically ended up winning the drawing as well.

Princess Zoe Bell
I thought I wouldn't buy the fabric for the Jeff Quilt until I got my puppy spayed (she's 9 months old and had her first heat - yuck to the nearest thousandth) but I changed my mind. Princess Lily Bear shouldn't have another heat cycle for 6 months, and I plan to have her spayed in May without fail. There's just too much death right now to risk something happening to my puppy on the operating table! She is a demon puppy at times but I still love the little beast. Anywho, I decided to use a pattern from the Summer 2011 Fons & Porter's Easy Quilts magazine. The design is called "Out of the Box" by Catherine Purifoy.

Note: I did scan this image and had it on my computer but the Internet or Blogger wouldn't upload it. So I went non-computer savvy and took a pic of it, thus the crappy quality.
The construction looks like this and it's magnificant!
The following are the colors I've chosen for the Jeff Quilt:
 
 
 
 
 
TA-DA!
So when will I begin yet another quilt top? I have no idea. I need to review the design to make sure I have enough different color fabrics before I do anything. For some reason, I'm more into assembling quilt top than actually finishing a project. Ugh. Sometimes I make myself crazy.

No comments: