23 April 2011

New Quilting Book

I was out and about doing errands and stopped at Hastings to see if they had Led Zeppelin bumper stickers - they did not, and I wept. I did, however, buy the Mothership CD at Wal-Mart so I am getting my Zeppelin fix. So I checked out the quilting books, starting at the bargain or clearance shelves. I found a book called Creative Scraps - Quilting with bits & pieces on sale for $7.99. A coworker has been bringing in one quilting book at a time and letting me look through them when we have down time. The two books she's brought so far are hardcover with spiral binding. I've decided I really like books with spiral binding so the pages don't get ruined from excessive use and page turning. The book I bought today has a hardcover and the spiral binding so I'm doubly happy.

I didn't work on any quilt projects today, but I did watch two movies, shopped (only had the patience for one store and then Hastings for fun), mowed the lawn, washed clothes, and bought some tulips and Asiatic lilies to plant. I'm going to plant them in a half barrel tomorrow. They are going to brighten up the boring and bland front yard... if only I bought a few solar lights, too. Maybe next paycheck. I want to work on a quilt project, but I doubt I'll have time tomorrow. There's just never enough time in a weekend.

No comments: