I'm frustrated that I feel so... I don't know what. Bored? Lonely? Overwhelmed? Sad? Blank? Lazy?
So I worked on two little projects tonight. One, to experiment with a quick and easy method of making pinwheels that I saw on a Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorial video. I've never made a pinwheel, but with all the scraps and bits of fabric I have now, I want to just experiment with making different samples of blocks. Just because. I want to make so many things, I might as well settle for a project that is low commitment and offers the variety of experimentation and instant gratification that I want. The pinwheel turned kinda wonky when I "squared" it - but I don't mind wonky. I blame the sugar and caffeine... because listening to Led Zeppelin could never have a bad influence on me.
And two, I made a Block of the Month from the Desert Sage Quilt Guild. I like the idea of this block, but I created a Frankenstein block because I didn't have enough of the night sky fabric. The Frankie part isn't bad, it worked, but the corners don't match up and I'm in no mood for imperfection! Oh well. I will get over it by tomorrow when I wear bunny ears to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment