07 April 2011

Project #7 - Grandpa's Big Cat Quilt

I know I've already mentioned this quilt, but I now have all the ingredients - I hope. I bought tiger striped and leopard spotted fabrics today at the Hancock Fabric sale.

 

The pattern I'm using for Grandpa's Big Cat Quilt is from the same Fons & Porter's Easy Quilts magazine as the Jeff Quilt. The quilt in the magazine is called "Cryptogram" and was designed by Diane Nagle. Here is the design:


Similar but subtle difference between this one and the other. I think they are more modern styles, at least I haven't come across any that look like this that are labeled traditional. And finally, these are the colors, and big cat panels I'm using thus far:

Ironically, I didn't buy the giraffe fabric because I didn't realize it was in this panel!

 
  
 
 
 
I think this looks like some kind of thatched roofing.
 

And when will I begin this project? [Shrug and yawn] Definitely not tonight. I'm going to read for awhile. I borrowed copious amount of books from the library and just want to relax and be distracted by the fantasy worlds that are far removed from reality. 



No comments: