I haven't ordered from a small online fabric shop before but I have ordered from JoAnn online and have been satisfied with the service (and convenience) of finding and ordering a fabric that is unavailable locally. I don't know how easy it is to find the variety one wants in fabric in a big city, but this small city has its limitations. I tend to find more fabric online that interests me than I find in stores, or the fabric I want simply isn't available at the local store. I was rather restless and bored today so after I went to the library's used book sale and didn't find a single quilting book, I drove to Jerome to check out the fabric at their Wal-Mart since the local one doesn't even have a fabric department. I found the fabrics I'm going to use for Grandpa's quilt and you can't beat Wal-Mart prices. Well, JoAnn is my favorite place to shop because they have frequent sales, but as long as I can find fabric I like for $5 or less I'm happy.
Lately I'm strangely attracted to lime green and orange and rust colors in fabric. I think this is why I have a Maple Leaf quilt (for me!) on the To Do List of quilting projects. |
No comments:
Post a Comment