26 March 2011

First Project - Basic 9 Patch Block

Jamie, a coworker named Jan, and my mom donated fabric to me for my first attempt at making a quilt. Jan had collected a bunch of old jeans from all her family members with the intention of eventually making a quilt out of them. She decided she would never get around to doing that, so she donated a trash bag full of jeans to me. Jamie had a bunch of red and black corduroy, and Mom had green denim that was supposed to be used to make shorts for me many moons ago. With these colors and fabrics I decided to make an easy 9 patch block quilt that was dubbed the Christmas Quilt due to the time of the year and the colors being used.


Once I started working on the blocks I decided the jean fabric just wasn't right for this project and ended up using the red, green, and black instead. I made a few complete blocks, but the tediousness of the method I was using just bored me. I wasn't thrilled with the project and it's currently sitting on the backburner.

No comments: