Okay, I didn't sandwich my Man Quilt. I started to work on it yesterday - after I came home and cleaned necessary areas of the house that were
grossly beyond desperate for attention - and then I got out the batting, and the quilt top, and then... oops. The backing is flannel and was still sitting on the shelf in the plastic wrap (I ordered it online from JoAnn Fabrics weeks ago). So, damn me, I still needed to wash it. So, after that disappointing episode I had a wrestling match with Bridgemaxx Internet and lost. It's the worst Internet service I've ever had. The service cuts out all the time, and then comes back, and goes out again. I called to complain about it but Customer Service just thinks it's because a tree is blocking the signal, or maybe it's my neighbor's house. Who knows? I just get cranky when my Internet craps out when I'm trying to upload pics, watch a video about a quilting technique, or just surfing the 'net for fabrics to drool over. Honestly, as of this very second, I don't remember what I did last night, but I stayed up too late doing it.
My top priority today was to wash the flannel backing.
I did that, and while it was washing and drying, I started cutting the fabric for more Maple Leaf blocks. It's actually kind of fun and easy when you go about it with a factory production mentality. I took one color of fabric at a time and methodically cut it down to the three sizes I needed. Then I cut it down further until I had the proper size pieces from each. The finished stack of fabric pieces was set aside, and I began cutting the next. It took all night (maybe 3 hours) but I'm ready to assemble 10 new blocks. I had to at least assemble one of them tonight, so I chose what I thought was a very dark green. I bought it last night when I had the Hancock Fabric binge. In the less than adequate lighting of this room the fabric looks dark gray.

The fabric variety for my Maple Leaf quilt. I may add to this collection but I'm not sure right now. I'm just going to continue making blocks and see what I can get out of this fabric. I'm also thinking about sashing, and of course I want a pretty binding. I found an article about how to make two color binding, so that may be something I experiment with - especially with the Fall colors.
 |
Blocks-to-be. Tomorrow's project after work. |
Note: I really have to stop staying up so late on work nights. Drinking Mountain Dew isn't going to be enough to keep me awake if I continue to do this!!
No comments:
Post a Comment