26 March 2011

In the Beginning...

I reviewed all the photos I've taken since I began my epic journey into quilting, and I actually started collecting supplies and deciding on a project in December 2010. The catalyst being a credit card offer I couldn't refuse that I intended to use solely for my limited Christmas shopping. I ended up having a fabric shopping binge or two and ended up with lots of fat quarters, yards of fabric for future projects I was planning, and the basic tools of the trade - cutting board, rotary cutter, pins, sewing thread.



Prior to this shopping I went on a Quilting Adventure with the Quilting Ladies from work - Jamie and Marcia. We drove to Wendell, Idaho to check out The Fat Quarter Quilt Shop


And then to Kimberly, Idaho to check out The Quilt Barn.

It was so overwhelming to see all the fabric, all the colors, and all the choices. I had no idea where to start. So I took photographs of the visually stunning colors and fabrics and textures I was seeing so I could look at them and figure out where to start - how does one actually begin a quilting project when there are so many choices to make?





It was soon after this little adventure, my first to visit fabric and quilt stores with the intention of learning to use the materials to create a quilt, that I accepted the credit card and purchased the basic tools of the trade.



No comments: