24 August 2014

Mario Update

I worked on the Mario block on Friday and today and it's still not quite done! I pieced together each row, and need to sew each row together now to create the block. Slowly but surely it will be done. And today it occurred to me that I could have tweaked the pattern to make fewer blocks that were larger. It wouldn't have been so tedious as what I'm doing, but I know the end result will look amazing. I dread the part about actually quilting the sandwiched parts! I'm a total novice at quilting and it seems that after spending so much time creating such an intricate quilt top, that the quilting should be awesome - like the Mario characters or just the word "Mario." Oh well. I'm a long ways off from having to deal with quilting.


Progress on August 22

Progress on August 23

Chain-piecing saves so much time!

Just showing how small each square is!!
I also worked on the Man Quilt a bit. Just sewed the two pieces of red flannel together for the backing. I didn't have much time to work on quilt projects today. I was so tired when I was working on the Mario Quilt, I made stupid mistakes and had to spend quality time ripping seams to redo. Oops. Maybe I'll get more done tomorrow. I had high hopes for the weekend: finish Mario, and sandwich two quilts.

No comments: